If you’re looking for a simple way to clean up your kitchen at the end of the day and get it ready for the next day, this is it. This little ritual is a great way to reset your home every evening and the best benefit to me is that it sets your mornings up for success. Get your whole family involved in the clean up and it only takes a couple minutes. On a typical evening this takes us less than 10 minutes to complete. Here’s what we do….
Here’s how I reset my kitchen every night:
clear the table
rinse dishes + wash any dishes that need to be hand washed
load and run the dishwasher (skip this if you don’t have a dishwasher)
wipe counters + kitchen table – I use my marble + granite cleaning spray
wipe stovetop if necessary
scrub the sink with my nightly sink scrub
check the floor – sweep if necessary
make sure the coffee pot is clean
put out fresh towels
Why would you want to reset your kitchen every night? Let me tell you the reasons….
- a kitchen reset is the way to keep the kitchen clean all/most of the time
- a clean kitchen in the morning is a gift to yourself
- it’s so much easier to keep any room clean when you are keeping up with it
- it’s fun to cook in a clean kitchen
- keeping your kitchen clean prevents food borne illnesses
You can find most of the kitchen accessories and all of the kitchen towels from this post in Clean Mama Home – come see!