Ah, Thanksgiving. One of my favorite holidays – there’s definitely expectation involved but Thanksgiving has always felt like a simpler holiday to me. It’s all about being grateful and thankful for what we have and reflecting on the year. Gathering around the table is such a fun and fond memory for me. But, if your kids are anything like mine, Thanksgiving dinner lasts about 15 minutes. I like a more leisurely approach to the dinner with multiple helpings and an afternoon and evening around the table. Today’s round-up is how I’m hoping to keep the kiddos entertained on Thanksgiving – I hope it sparks lots of ideas for you and your family.
- Set the perfect Thanksgiving table for kids with these fantastic ideas from Sugar and Charm
- Count your blessings by creating a Blessings Tree for your family. Includes free printable tags to get you started. Via Jones Design Co.
- Print out these placemats for the ultimate entertainment and time filler at the Thanksgiving table. You could even have the placemats printed and laminated for years to come. Via BHG
- Using simple materials found at your favorite craft store, these napkin rings could easily be made up ahead of time or created at the table. Via Art Bar Blog
- Put together a simple treat bag filled with crayons, stickers and little odds and ends to keep kiddos busy at the table. Via Katherine Marie
- How sweet is this fall bunting made from materials easily found around your home? Via Simple As That