Ready to reset the ol’ cleaning calendar? How about a little cleaning routine for October? If you’re new here, I clean a little bit every day and I share my schedule and tips here on this blog. If you’d like to try my routine this month, you can go here to grab it.
Monday (October 1st) is the big kick off for 31 Days to a Clean House – if you are ‘in’, you can do this October cleaning schedule right along with the 31 Days challenge. I have it planned out so our days will correlate with the daily cleaning routine, with the intention being to not create more work. Work smarter, not harder, right? It’s going to be a month of little things we can do every day to get your house clean and figure out how to keep it that way. I don’t know about you, but when the house is tidy, it feels like home and it’s just more relaxing to be in.
It’s time for July’s monthly cleaning/organizing schedule! July is a great time to re-evaluate goals you set back in January and start fresh if you need to. I hope that my schedules give you a little guidance and direction on where to start when it comes to cleaning and maintaining your home.
- Magic Erasers and soapy, warm water
- microfiber towel and soapy, warm water
- non-toxic cleaning wipe or baby wipes (my favorite method – it’s the quickest and easiest and I can usually enlist some little helpers)
- Toss it all in a garbage bag
- Wipe off your counters
- Empty the bag on the floor
- Sort – file OR toss
- Make clearing your clutter part of your DAILY routine (you’ll notice that counters and clutter is on nearly every schedule that I make (free and in the shop) – because I know that it adds up and multiplies in a hurry!)
I found a caddy that would fit those items and what do you know – it works beautifully. Did someone just drop a spoon? No worries, here’s another one. Need a little more salt? Here’s the shaker. Straws make for easier drinking of milk – it tastes better, I hear. So we have those at the ready as well.
caddy – Crate and Barrel
straws – Target
silverware – kids set Oneida