As part of Start Here. I post a weekly recap with a couple ideas (mostly simple and easy to implement) for the week’s focus and a few ideas from the web that I’ve enjoyed over the week. Did you grab September’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar? Go here to grab it!
- Streamline the homework routine and set everyone up for success with these tips on creating a homework station from Clean Mama
- I love this little homework station nook- it fosters all sorts of creativity and keeps everything at kiddo’s fingertips. The supply caddy is perfect for housing all the supplies kids could possible need. Via Mom 4 Real
- If you are short on storage space or are looking for something more portable, you need to peek at this tutorial on creating a homework crate. Paint it to match your space, stock it with supplies and move it from room to room with ease. Via Uncommon Designs Online
Something to Eat:
- This chicken and nectarine salad is simple enough in it’s ingredients- nectarines, blueberries, grilled chicken, almonds, baby spinach and homemade poppyseed dressing. The combo of these rather unexpected flavors is so good and so perfect for a busy night where you need to throw together dinner in a hurry. Via Pinch of Yum
Something to Make:
- Mason jars are all the rage right now and I am happy to be on that bandwagon. This simple 5 minute project is perfect for adding a touch of style to your bathroom while fulfilling a need as well. Put together this Mason Jar Toothbrush Holder with your favorite jar color. Via The Country Chic Cottage
Something to For the Kids:
- With the weather cooling down and school starting up, my mind is moving on towards all the fun fall decorations and activities there are out there for kids. I love these paper lantern pumpkins- wouldn’t they be cute as a garland decoration for the kids to make this fall? Via Your Homebased Mom
- Company coming unexpectedly and your home is a disaster zone? Try some of these Speed Cleaning Tricks from Buzzfeed for some ideas to get clean in a hurry.
Just in time for the weekend…a little shop coupon code – use the code 20LABORDAY for 20% off your entire order! Sale ends 9/1//14 at midnight CST!