This week’s organizing focus is your PURSE. If you haven’t grabbed July’s FREE cleaning and organizing calendar yet, you can go here to grab it.
Organizing your purse will only take a couple minutes, but it’ll save you time in the long run because you’ll know exactly where everything is. Traveling? If you’re a passenger you can do this while you’re riding in the car. Waiting to pick kids up? That’s a perfect time to do a little purse organization! Just grab a small bag to toss any garbage in before you start and you’ll be all set.
- Start by emptying your purse. If your purse needs to be wiped down or cleaned, take a couple minutes and do that before moving on to the organizing.
- Throw anything away that shouldn’t be in there anyway – gum wrappers, old receipts, etc.
- Relocate anything that should be stored elsewhere.
- Put all the items that you want to keep on a surface and group like items together. I keep a pretty simplified purse – just a makeup bag, wallet, and anything that I might need for the kids wherever we’re going. I keep my planner at home unless I need it for wherever I’m headed.
- If you find that you have a lot of receipts in your purse you might want to add a small plastic envelope to put them in until you can sort them out.
- Once you have all your must-have items back in your purse designate a pocket or two for your keys and cell phone. I find it super helpful to always put my cell phone and keys in the same pockets in my purse so I’m not digging around trying to find them.
- How to keep it this way? Keep LESS in your purse and empty weekly or daily so you are in the habit of keeping it this way.
Have a great idea for cleaning and organizing your purse? Leave it in the comments!