The folks at Clorox contacted me to review their new Concentrated Regular-Bleach. I took them up on the offer because, 1.) I use Clorox to keep my HE front loading washing machine clean, 2.) I hadn’t tried the new concentration and 3.) maybe you hadn’t seen this new container or new concentration either.
The new Clorox® Concentrated Regular-Bleach uses ½ cup rather than ¾ cup to each gallon of water – you can check out this link if you want more info on correct and proper usage.
My HE washing machine has a ‘clean washer’ cycle, so I just pour the proper amount into the bleach dispenser and let it run.
Many HE washing machine manufacturers recommend weekly cleaning to ensure your washer remains clean and free from any soil build-ups that may cause odors. Some machines have a special maintenance cycle, so check to see if yours does, and if so follow those directions. If it doesn’t you can follow these directions from Clorox…
- Select the hot water setting (if there is no hot water setting, then select a “white” or a “stain” cycle setting).
- Select the “extra rinse” option, if offered.
- Add 1/2 cup Clorox® Concentrated Regular-Bleach or Clorox® Splash-less Bleach, concentrated to the bleach dispenser or fill to its max level.
- Run the cycle through its completion.
- If the HE washer doesn’t have a second rinse option, manually select an additional rinse cycle to ensure that no bleach remains in your washer.
Just in case you’re interested, here is some additional information on using Clorox products in High-Efficiency Washers. My review? I love the smaller bottle and the splashless product. I’ll keep using Clorox to keep my washing machine clean!
It is the same Clorox bleach product you’ve come to know through generations of use, just with less water! Concentrated Clorox® Regular-Bleach:
- Is in a smaller bottle that is easier to handle and easier to use in high-efficiency (HE) washing machines.
- Improves whitening of clothes!
- Still has the same number of uses per bottle as the product you’re used to, but its smaller size significantly reduces the amount of water and packaging used in each bottle. This change will help reduce the product and The Clorox Company’s environmental footprint.
Disclosure: I received information about Concentrated Clorox® Regular-Bleach and payment from Clorox. This post is sponsored by Clorox and I received information about Concentrated Clorox® Regular-Bleach from the company.