If you’ve been following along for more than a week, you know that every Monday I clean bathrooms. Below is my complete cleaning process to get all four bathrooms in our house clean in 15 minutes or less. I don’t wash the floors because I wash them on Thursdays – I find that this really cuts down on bathroom cleaning time.
I like to keep my bathroom cleaning supplies in each bathroom, you might prefer to tote a cleaning bucket or caddy from bathroom to bathroom. You’ll need:
- your favorite all-purpose cleaner (look for non-toxic cleaners – they work just as well)
- glass/mirror cleaner
- toilet cleaner/brush
- microfiber window cloth (my preference for mirrors)
- 3+ microfiber cleaning cloths for each bathroom (1 for counters, 1 for tub/shower, 1 for toilet)
Once you have your supplies, get ready to move – you’ll need to move quickly if you want to start and finish in 15 minutes.
- go into the first bathroom and spray mirror with window cleaner – wipe clean with microfiber window towel
- clean toilet with toilet brush
- liberally spray down sink, toilet and tub/shower with all-purpose cleaner or disinfectant
- let the cleaner sit for a few minutes to completely clean and disinfect
- move on to the next bathroom and repeat (mirror, counter, tub/shower, toilet – liberally spray everything)
Once you’ve done this in all of your bathrooms, go back to bathroom #1 and quickly wipe down everything that you sprayed – wiping down the toilet and toilet bowl last (I use a couple new cleaning cloths in each bathroom to avoid any cross-contamination).
What are my favorite cleaning products for the bathrooms? I will admit that I am a cleaning products junkie – I love to try out new products. All the products listed are favorites of mine and are either used daily or weekly in my home.
Check out the sidebar for this month’s current free cleaning schedule!
Monday – Bathrooms
Tuesday – Dusting
Wednesday – Vacuum
Thursday – Wash Floors
Friday – Catch-All Day
Saturday – Sheets + Towels
Come on back tomorrow for Tuesday’s cleaning task explanation – and don’t forget to like me on Facebook and/or Twitter for daily reminders in your feed. And if you haven’t subscribed to posts in your inbox – just go to the little white box on the sidebar and enter your email address.
Ready to get something done? It’s going to be a great week!
If you need a little help starting a cleaning routine, you’ll love my ebook!